The journey was tiring, being fifth time within 3 days. Finally I had finalised a room to rent on for my further stay at London. Though Oxford is not too far, but too many traffic signals at both the cities make it 90+ minutes of travel to city centres. The bus service which I usually take has double Decker buses with reclining seats and other safety features. As I see it, people love to travel in top deck which makes it ideal to relish beautiful sights in and out of the cities.
There was this couple in the next seat plugged into iPods, who kiss and cuddle in regular intervals. It is this action which reminded me of the aquarium which I maintained for almost 7 years until I finished engineering. We still have it; the difference is mummy looks after it now!
It is a very common sight in this part of the world, where people express love for each other in public. This particular moment reminded me of a fish called "Kissing Gourami" which we once had in aquarium. It’s quite a popular species. The only reason people domesticate this is because of its "Kissing" behaviour, where it keeps kissing other fish(Kissing gourami), plants and objects within aquarium. It’s beautiful too with white-silver coloured body. Hence as per this moment I related the culture to Kissing Gourami!
This triggered a thought about the culture in which I, most us in India have grown up with. Which fish would match this? In which expressing love in public is more of an issue of dignity. We monitor our environment so closely before making any move. It's the precedence of someone getting offended over our actions n desires. Any such activity becomes point of discussion though the things are changing quickly. Well I have nothing to comment on this, than matching a fish to the existing tradition :)
I could think of Gold fish. Why? Because of its social behaviour. It is a very friendly fish which stays in groups. Just like as I see it in India, a family is of utmost important to us where parents do everything to look after their children and in turn children are expected to look after them. This goodwill is changing rapidly as well. Today there are lot many parents who dedicated their lives for the welfare of their children are yearning to meet them and spend few moments with them!
I could as well relate a fish commonly known as Fighter fish (Siamese fighting fish) which is beautifully coloured and chameleon natured in the sense that it changes colour as and when required. As the name suggests, the male fish is very aggressive to an extent that two male fish cannot live in a common place. If you place two of these in an aquarium, they keep fighting until one remains. Hence just one fish is recommended per aquarium.
Let me restrain on my thoughts on to which place/culture I could relate it too, as I find it hard to pinpoint any one. Hence I leave that to your imagination!
There was this couple in the next seat plugged into iPods, who kiss and cuddle in regular intervals. It is this action which reminded me of the aquarium which I maintained for almost 7 years until I finished engineering. We still have it; the difference is mummy looks after it now!
It is a very common sight in this part of the world, where people express love for each other in public. This particular moment reminded me of a fish called "Kissing Gourami" which we once had in aquarium. It’s quite a popular species. The only reason people domesticate this is because of its "Kissing" behaviour, where it keeps kissing other fish(Kissing gourami), plants and objects within aquarium. It’s beautiful too with white-silver coloured body. Hence as per this moment I related the culture to Kissing Gourami!
This triggered a thought about the culture in which I, most us in India have grown up with. Which fish would match this? In which expressing love in public is more of an issue of dignity. We monitor our environment so closely before making any move. It's the precedence of someone getting offended over our actions n desires. Any such activity becomes point of discussion though the things are changing quickly. Well I have nothing to comment on this, than matching a fish to the existing tradition :)
I could think of Gold fish. Why? Because of its social behaviour. It is a very friendly fish which stays in groups. Just like as I see it in India, a family is of utmost important to us where parents do everything to look after their children and in turn children are expected to look after them. This goodwill is changing rapidly as well. Today there are lot many parents who dedicated their lives for the welfare of their children are yearning to meet them and spend few moments with them!
I could as well relate a fish commonly known as Fighter fish (Siamese fighting fish) which is beautifully coloured and chameleon natured in the sense that it changes colour as and when required. As the name suggests, the male fish is very aggressive to an extent that two male fish cannot live in a common place. If you place two of these in an aquarium, they keep fighting until one remains. Hence just one fish is recommended per aquarium.
Let me restrain on my thoughts on to which place/culture I could relate it too, as I find it hard to pinpoint any one. Hence I leave that to your imagination!
Comments