Skip to main content

Do you drink Diet Coke? or any other Diet drinks? or consume Sugar free products? Think again!! You might well be consuming POISON!

I was watching a documentary on side effects of a sweetener called Aspartame which is commonly used as replacement for sugar. I haven't heard of it before until I found out that even I had it just two days ego in the form of Sugar free Sprite!! No wonder I felt bit impatient which actually cost me an Interview (bit of exaggeration :))

Nowadays Diabetes has become such a common disease that we get to hear it from every other person to an extent that at least one person in every home suffers from it. And no wonder it is infecting even the age group of 20 - 30 Yr olds. Well I'm aware of only one of its type which is increase of Sugar level in the blood and the lack of Insulin to stream it.

How Diabetes is associated with Aspartame? Well not directly, I was just wondering who all might actually fall prey to Aspartame consumption...I thought Diabetic might be one of them.

Ok. Let me break this up. Most of the sugar free products(like Diet Coke, Pepsi, etc.,) which we see actually contain sweeteners as replacement for Sugar. One of the most commonly used Sweeteners is Aspartame.

Let’s break this Aspartame which is a chemical into its chemical bonds:
It’s made up of 3 components:
-2 are Amino acids. One is called Phenylalanine which is 50% of the molecule and the other Aspartic Acid which is around 40%
-The other 10% is called Methyl Ester when swallowed becomes free Methyl Alcohol or Methanol which is a POISON!! A real Poison!

Who all and when consume this? Lot many of us. At least I could think of following categories:
-Those who are trying to reduce weight by avoiding sugar and taking sugar free products
-Those who consume Diet coke kind of drinks
-diabetics who consider sweetener as a replacement for sugar
-Of course those for no reason replace sugar for sugar free sweetener

Essentially methanol and ethanol reach brain easily. Consumption of Aspartame will lead to brain damage which in turn causes many other side effects like depression, nerves breakdown etc etc. There are so many true stories of people suffered and died because of Aspartame (Methanol) being unaware that they are consuming poison all the way trying to solve their other issues. ase Avoid products with Aspartame and Phenylalanine. Please look ese...

The question is why did this substance is allowed to be used at all if this is poisonous? Well as other money making scandals which we see today, Aspartame was no different. Even though the research on Monkeys (Which are actually resistant to Methanol) clearly showed brain damage as well as one of the monkey losing life, use of Aspartame was approved.

Now think of this, when I say Monkeys are resistant to Methanol, we humans are not! Imagine horrifying effects of Aspartame on Humans!!!

What do these production companies have to say? They claim presence of Methanol in Fruits. The fact is Methanol is definitely present in Fruit but the difference is in Fruits, its in a compound form which our body doesn’t break and just stores it which in turn doesn’t affect us in any way. Where as in Aspartame, the methanol is free chemical bond which dissolves in blood!

As I research more I get worried about my near n dear ones, friends and so many innocent people who are still unaware of it and falling prey to this freely distributed Poison :(

------------------
References: Documentary: Aspartame - A poisoned World

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Mission! Is this what we wanted?

It's very common to see someone away from his family, friends physically and/or mentally in pursuit of personal mission, accomplishment. Unexplainable, irresistible force drives an Individual to a totally unexplored domain for an accomplishment which only that individual could feel and relish. Many have achieved it with dedication, hard work & perseverance. This lifestyle stirred me when I saw a documentary about Antarctica. Most of the people are scientists working on some amazing theories, thesis, concepts & technologies. And few were carried away to this far away place for numerous reasons. And there was a story on Penguins which is truly intriguing. Usually penguins cross large planes of Ice to reach the ocean at the offset of winter. During such expeditions, few land up in some strange places from where there is no way back as they will be stuck in thousands of sq mtr of land (ice) with no sight of ocean anywhere. One such penguin instead of following other penguins to...

Social Service: What Inspired me? Real experience...

There I was in the midst of children conducting paper toy making session. Entire 8x8 room was reverberating with Noise, Cheer & excitement. While my friend Yagna helping out bunch of children fold the curves, this little girl seated right at front row pulled my leg to get help on corner foldings. I sat down, helped them complete the toy which when folded correctly resembles a life jacket :) Everyone at the end of the foldings were wearing one. The smile on their faces was truly tantalizing! Locating this place wasn't easy infact an eye opener. We had the cell number of a volunteer whom to contact once nearby the place. But the local NGO volunteer who picked up the call couldn't identify us & hence ended up disconnecting without giving any directions. We were told that the location is within the vicinity of this slum area. With despair we enquired with localites about this place, 'Abhyasikas' as its termed. No response. We thought of walking into the small bylane...

Why did I get a pet DOG!!

Why did I get a pet Dog? is one common question I encounter everytime I say that 'I stay alone' with my pet Dog 'Vinca'. Vinca is 3.5 years old now. She is a Japanese Spitz by breed. Very alert, active & adorable pet. So how did it all started? When I moved to Pune back in 2006 monsoon, I stayed with friends on bed sharing basis. Those ten days also included daily 3 Hrs of to & fro travel & tasteless tiffin food for dinner. Well it was only me complaining everyone else was content with it! Without delaying any further I shifted to a split 1 BHK house in outskirts of the City. Then the question was who gonna be my room mate? How am I gonna get one? One source was to post at internal company news group which I did. And yes there were few responses too but none were interesting enough! Not that I was looking for a lifetime companion :) but none fit the bill mostly due to their habits or origins. So a month & half passedby without any room mates. Then a thou...